Founding Members .
The Founding Members of the World Summit of Business Mediation consists of representatives from the legal and mediation teams of the Valladolid Chamber of Commerce, the Spanish Mediation Centre of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce, the European Judges Group for Mediation (GEMME) and the Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (CIAC).
These national and supranational institutions will be in charge of steering the contents treated in the Summit and organising its calendar of events.
The Spanish Chamber of Commerce is a public law body consisting of the most representative organisations of the Spanish economic and business life. Among the missions that the Act 4/2014 entrusts to the Spanish Chamber of Commerce are the following:
- Defending the general interests of commerce, industry, services and navigation.
- Representing each local chamber both at national and international level and managing their network.
- Providing services to the companies engaged in any of these activities.
Providing support to companies, particularly to SMEs, with the aim of boosting their internationalisation and competitiveness.
- Advising the Government, as a public consultative body. Mediation and national & international commercial arbitration.
In 2019, the Spanish Chamber of Commerce created the Spanish Mediation Centre with the aim of promoting a culture of mediation among the different economic actors, in order to respond to the growing demand of civil and commercial mediation in the business environment.
Both the organisation and their activities are aimed at providing its users, especially companies, with an excellent mediation service that may offer an effective alternative to court processes and arbitrations.
The Valladolid Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services is a public law body with the following characteristics:
- It is a reference organisation for public-private collaboration. It promotes competitiveness, innovation and the internationalisation of companies.
- It offers quality training and upgrading courses for students and companies.
- It develops and provides useful services for companies.
It defends the general interests of companies, regardless of their size and activity.
- It keeps in close contact with companies, freelance workers and entrepreneurs.
- It helps to create job opportunities
The Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (CIAC) is a leading arbitral institution which, supported by a network of National and Collaborating offices, provides arbitration and mediation services in the American Hemisphere, Spain and Portugal. CIAC is a leading institution, responsible for the development and protection of the culture of arbitration in those regions, through the promotion of new pro-arbitration laws and the support of the existing ones. CIAC is committed to the promotion of arbitration through various initiatives, such as education and training on various aspects of arbitration and mediation, and the long-life training and updating of a highly qualified group of arbitrators and mediators.
The European Judges Group for Mediation (GEMME) is an association consisting of judges, magistrates, public lawyers, prosecutors and other professionals in the Laws field, as well as representatives of different mediation-related professionals, such as lawyers, solicitors, mediators, psychologists… Its main objective is to promote mediation as preferred tool within the justice system, so that mediator-assisted stakeholders may be able to find a peaceful solution to their conflicts without resorting to the Courts, so allowing the culture of confrontation to be replaced by a culture of dialogue.